
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Prayer for my Daddy!
Just got news that my dad has a very low grade of prostate cancer. He and his urologist are confident that it is contained and can be removed and taken care of by surgery. He is, in precaution, having a bone scan done to rule out the tumor having spread to bone. A biopsy was just done and Friday and he and my mom went today to get the results. Apparently this issue is very common. They quoted a “1 in 6 men have this” stat to me when they called with the news. I haven’t yet been able to make sense of it, having only gotten the news literally minutes ago. All I know to do is go to the Lord with this and I wanted to ask you to do the same. We are a family of great faith in an awesome, powerful God, and my dad is an incredibly godly man. My dad and the rest of our family are just trusting in the ultimate Healer to see him through all of this. Your prayers are greatly appreciated and I will keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh Mandy!! I'm praying for your daddy!! I'm not sure if you remember or not, but my dad had thyroid cancer while I was in college. I know how scary it is to fear for a parent. God is the Great Physician. I'm praying for your dad, your family, and the doctors. Please keep me updated.
Love, your sister in Christ, Bonnie
Thanks Bonnie, I appreciate that so much!
Post a Comment