Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day and in our church service our Pastor talked about the attributes a Dad should have. He used 1 Cor. 13, which is usually used in weddings; but it is also fitting for parents as well.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails.
As Pastor Alan was talking, I thought of my Dad. He has really been the father Christ called him to be. He is always patient and kind, he isn't envious or proud, he isn't rude or self-seeking. You get my point. He always encouraged Laurie and I, we have never felt like he was anything but pleased with us. Of course we got in trouble, but only when we needed to; and He always finished the punishment with an "I love you." Daddy showed Laurie and I a great reflection of Christ's love. He also loves our Mom with that same love. They have taught us what a true marriage of God is supposed to be. Jeff and I hope and pray our kids will say the same about us. Dad, a lot of who I am today has been shaped by watching you and how you love our family! Thanks Dad for loving us but also for loving Christ first! Of course all these words can be said about my Mama too. I love you both so much!!!


To Jeff on his first Father's day: You are an amazing Husband and Father. Again, I feel like you too are a reflection of Christ's love. Thank you for parenting with me. Thank you for loving me and Ollie like Christ loves the Church. I remember when we first were talking about having kids and you were worried that you might not be a good Father. Words can't express how amazing you are with our son. He lights up when you come home from work, or when you call on the phone. He knows his Daddy loves him. I look forward to so many more Father's days with you.
I love you!!!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers